All of us!

All of us!
On the road to success :) Click the image to be sent to our school's homepage!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Excitement in the Classroom

Torie Jones here, and might I just say that Thursday was possibly one of the best days of my life? I had always imagined how nervous I would be, and how the kids would view me, but none of that mattered once I was in there. All that mattered was that I was there to help, and Taylor* seemed especially pleased to meet with me. I spent the hour going over multiplication tables with her, and helping her grasp the concept of Greatest Common Factor. By the end of the class period she really seemed like she'd learned something, and I was proud to know that I had been the one to teach her that.

As for my future times in the classrooms, I must say that I'm far beyond excited. After the initial fears are gone, only happiness remains. I only wish that I was a junior rather than a senior, so that I'd have an entire year extra in the classroom to bond with the kids. They're such sweethearts and are quite eager to learn, though they may not always show it. Needless to say, this is going to be a great year :)


*name changed to protect identity

No comments:

Post a Comment